The first online casino came up in 1994, and since then, a lot has changed. Today, we have some amazing options that have changed and redefined the whole concept and experience of gambling. If you are new to online gambling, finding the right casino is certainly the first and the most important step. In this post, we will check the different types of online casinos and why one might be a better choice than the other.
- Web-based online casinos. Otherwise also called flash casinos, these casinos do not need any software download, and you can access the casino site right from the web browser. These casinos use a number of different plug-ins, such as Macromedia Shockwave and Java. As long as you have the latest version of the browser, you can enjoy the games. Please note that instant casinos need considerable internet bandwidth, so test your connection before playing with real money.
- Download-based online casinos. As the name suggests, you need to download the software of the casino in order to play the games. This kind of casinos doesn’t rely on the browser. The software will connect you to the online server. With anything that’s downloaded from the internet, you have the risk of viruses and malware. However, with such casinos, you don’t need to worry much about internet speed, though internet is still required.
- Virtual casinos. These casinos rely heavily on a pseudorandom number generator, or PRNG. This adds an element of randomness to the game, and therefore, a lot of players are interested in virtual casinos as the chances of fraud are limited. In virtual casinos, the game is often fair and unpredictable, and that remains the main highlight of gambling on such sites.
- Mobile casinos. A lot of known and reputed casinos are now offering special apps and versions for mobile players, so that they can enjoy their favorite games on the go. However, mobile casinos are still limited, and it’s wise to do some initial research.
- Live dealer casino games. These casinos have real human dealers, who run the game in real time, and as a player, you can check the happening through a streaming link. You can also talk to the dealer through a chat interface. Quite expectedly, the fun is more real, and it almost feels like playing in a real casino.
Check online casino reviews online to select one. Also, do crosscheck the available bonuses.